Built in 1967, by American Marine Incorporated of Port Arthur, Texas (hull #1105) as the Ocean Service for the Interstate Oil Transportation Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
At the time, the Interstate Oil Transportation Company operated two fleets. Their Northeast Fleet, which was referred to as the "Green Fleet." Operated in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. And their Southern Fleet, which was referred to as the "White fleet" which operated out of Tampa, Florida.
In 1981, the Interstate Oil Transportation Company was acquired by the Southern National Resources Company of Birmingham, Alabama. The new company was named the SONAT Marine Company Incorporated of Birmingham, Alabama. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1986, the tug was acquired by Sause Brothers Ocean Towing Company of Portland, Oregon. Where she retained her name.
In 2006, she was acquired by the Brusco Tug and Barge Company of Longview, Washington. Where the tug was renamed as the Maria Brusco.
In 2014, the tug was acquired by undisclosed South American interests. Where she was renamed as the Elisabeth II.
She was powered by two, EMD16-645E diesel engines. With Falk LST 20000 reduction gears, at a ratio 2.48:1. Turning two, 80(in) by 67(in), fixed pitch, stainless steel, propellers, mounted in kort nozzles. She was a twin screw tug, rated 3,900 horsepower.
She had a fuel capacity of 92,000 gallons. The towing equipment consisted of a Smatco 62DADT-200, double drum, towing winch. Outfitted with 2,600(ft) of 2.25(in) towing wire on the primary drum. And, 690(ft) of 2.25(in) towing wire on the secondary drum, as well as a set of hydraulic towing pins.
(Captain Eric Takakjian, Captain Dave Miner, Kyle Stubbs)