Built in 1915, by the Stone and Van Bergen Boat Yard of Oakland, California as the Crowley No. 17 for the Crowley Launch and Tugboat Company of San Francisco, California.
Originally constructed as a passenger ferry. In 1947, the Crowley Launch and Tugboat Company converted the vessel for service as a towing vessel.
Her final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw, steam tug. Rated at 50 horsepower.