Built in 1946, by Commercial Iron Works of Portland, Oregon (hull #243) as the YTB-511 (Carascan) for the United States Navy.
Launched on August 11th, 1945. She was delivered to the United States Navy in March of 1946, as the YTB-511 (Carascan). And, allocated to the 11th Naval District.
In 1967, she was redesignated by the United States Navy as the YTM-774 (Carascan).
In 1972, the tug was placed out of service. And, struck from the Naval Register.
In 1973, she was acquired by Crowley Marine Services Incorporated of San Francisco, California. Where she was renamed as the Sea Hawk.
In 1997, the tug was acquired by Marex Incorporated of Guatemala City, Guatemala. Where she retained her name.
Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was single screw tug, rated at 2,500 horsepower.
(NavSource Online, William Lafferty, Kyle Stubbs)