Built on 1966, by the Equitable Equipment Company of Madisonville, Louisiana (hull #1430) as the Fajardo for the Puerto Rico Lighterage Company of San Juan, Puerto Rico.
In 1976, the Puerto Rico Lighterage Company was acquired by Crowley Marine Services Incorporated of San Francisco, California. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2007, the tug was acquired by the Great Lakes Group of Cleveland, Ohio. Where she was renamed as the Punta Borinquen.
Powered by two, twelve cylinder, Catepillar D-398 diesel engines. Turning two, bronze, fixed pitch propellers. She is a twin screw tug, rated at 1,530 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, 40kW generator sets. The tug's capacities are 32,493 gallons of fuel, and 6,075 gallons of ballast.
(Captain Christopher Roehrig)