Built in 1966, by the Equitable Equipment Company of Madisonville, Louisiana (hull #1465) as the Borinquen for the Gulf Inland Marine Company of Gonzales, Louisiana.
In 1980, the tug was acquired by Crowley Marine Services Incorporated of San Francisco, California. Where she retained her name.
In 1997, she was acquired by Global International Marine Incorporated of Houma, Louisiana. Where the tug retained her name.
Powered by two, twelve cylinder, Catepillar D-398 diesel engines. Turning two, bronze, fixed pitch propellers. She is a twin screw tug, rated at 1,700 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, 40kW generator sets. The tug's capacities are 40,154 gallons of fuel, and 7,660 gallons of ballast.