Built in 1924, by New York Shipbuilding Incorporated of Camden, New Jersey (hull#291) as the Hartford Socony for the Standard Transportation Company of New York, New York.
In 1938, she received new mid body at the Bethlehem Shipbuilding Corporation at Sparrows Point, Maryland. For a capacity of 15,400(bbls).
In 1947, the unit was acquired by the Esso Shipping Company of Wilmington, Delaware. Where she was renamed as the Esso Delivery No. 11.
In 1955, the unit was re powered. And, the Esso Shipping Company renamed her as the Esso Thames.
In 1964, she was acquired by the Interstate Oil Transportation Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Where she was renamed as the Yorktown
In 1972, the unit was scrapped. She was powered by two, McIntosh and Seymour, four cycle diesel engines. She was a twin screw unit, rated at 700 horsepower.