Built in 1924, by New York Shipbuilding, of Camden, New Jersey as the Hartford Socony for the Standard Transportation Company of New York, New York.
In 1938, she received new mid body. The work was performed by the Bethlehem Shipbuilding Corporation at Sparrows Point, Maryland. And in 1955, the unit was repowered.
In 1947, the unit was acquired by Esso Shipping of Wilmington, Delaware. Where she was renamed as the Esso Delivery No. 11. However, in 1955 the unit was renamed as the Esso Thames.
In 1964, she was acquired by Interstate Oil Transport of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Where she was renamed as the Yorktown, she operated for Interstate until 1970.
She was scrapped in 1972.