Built in 1942, by Ira S. Bushey and Sons Incorporated of Brooklyn, New York (hull #503) as the Port Chester for the United States Maritime Commission.
In 1943, the tug was transferred to the the United States Army. Where she was designated as the LT-233.
In 1946, she was acquired by E.N. Bisso and Son Incorporated of Metairie, Louisiana. Where the tug was renamed as the Captain Ed.
In 1983, E.N. Bisso and Sons Incorporated renamed her as the Peggy H.
In 1994, the tug was acquired by the Signet Maritime Corporation of Houston, Texas. Where she was renamed as the Signet Resolute.
In 2011, she was acquired by interests in Dover, Delaware. Where the tug was renamed as the Bluebird.
In 2013, the tug went out of documentation. Her current, and or final disposition is unknown.
Originally powered by a single, seven cylinder, Fairbanks Morse diesel engine. Rated 805 horsepower. In 1981, the tug was re powered with a single EMD 16-567CE2 diesel engine. She is a single screw tug, rated at 2,000 horsepower.