Built in 1946, by Birchfield Shipbuilding Incorporated of Tacoma, Washington as a YTL for the United States Navy. However, the tug was never commissioned for use by the Navy.
In 1946, the tug was acquired by River Lines Incorporated of San Francisco, California. Where she was renamed as the San Francisco.
She was eventually acquired by the Western Towboat Company of Seattle, Washington. Where she retained her name.
The tug was later sold, where she was named as the Tori.
In 1998, she was acquired by Mogul Ocean Towing Limited of Wrangell, Alaska. Where the tug was renamed as the Tory M.
In 2008, the tug was acquired by the Seley Incorporated of Ketchikan, Alaska. Where she was renamed as the Adrienne Elizabeth.
In 2012, she was acquired by the Oliver Construction Company of Ketchikan, Alaska. Where she retained her name.
In 2015, the tug was acquired by the Hanson Maritime Company of Sitka, Alaska. Where the tug was renamed as the Salvation.
The tug was originally powered by a single, Enterprise diesel engine, rated at 400 horsepower. The Western Towboat Company re powered the tug with a single, Caterpillar 3412 diesel engine rated at 450 horsepower.
(Captain Ric Shrewsbury, Captain Dave Miner)