Built in 1943, by Consolidated Shipbuilding of Morris Heights, New York (hull #DPC-84) as the DPC-84 for the United States Defense Plant Corporation.
In 1945, the tug was acquired by W.R. Grace and Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Grace No. 3.
In 1956, she was acquired by New Haven Transport (Dalzell Towing and Transportation) of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Dalzellatom.
In 1965, Dalzell Towing was acquired by McAllister Brothers Towing of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1969, the tug was acquired by the Gowanus Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Gowanus.
In the 1980's, she was scrapped. The tug was single screw, rated at 700 horsepower.