Built in 1944, by Lester F. Alexander and Company of New Orleans, Louisiana (hull #284) as the DPC-78 for the United States Defense Plant Corporation.
In 1946, she was sold. Where she was renamed as the George H. Roper. And, then as the George Peterkin.
In 1950, the tug was sold. Where she was renamed as the Mogul.
In 1954, she was sold. Where the tug was renamed the Nelty.
In 1962, the tug was acquired by the Dalzell Towing and Transportation Company (New Haven Transport Company) of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Dalzellite.
In 1965, the Dalzell Towing and Transportation Company was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. However, the tug was not included in the sale.
In 1966, the tug was acquired by Interstate Oil Transportation Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Where she was renamed as the Visitor.
In 1977, she was was transferred to Harbor Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. A subsidiary of the Interstate Oil Transportation Company Where the the tug retained her name.
It is reported that she sank at the dock. The tug is no longer in documentation. Her current, and, or, final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 700 horsepower.