Home Search Links About Us Updates Login

Built in 1908, by A.C. Brown and Sons of Tottenville, New York as the W.M. J. Conway for the Stanwood Towing Company of Stanwood, Michigan.

However, the Stanwood Towing Company later renamed the tug as the Stanwood No. 1.

In 1948, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she retained her name.

In 1958, she went out of documentation. Her current and, or final, disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 200 horsepower.

  • Vessel Name: W.M. J. CONWAY
  • USCG Doc. No.: 205835
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Ship Builder: A.C. Brown and Sons
  • Year Built: 1908
  • Length: 58.7
  • Hailing Port: NEW YORK, NY.
  • Hull Depth: 8.5
  • Hull Breadth: 19.5
  • Gross Tonnage: 65
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    W.M. J. Conway, Stanwood No. 1
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Starwood Towing Co., McAllister Bros. Towing Co.