Built in 1929, by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #62) as the Wyoming for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1993, the tug was chartered by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. For use in Charleston, South Carolina where she retained her name.
In 1994, she was returned to the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1953, the tug was converted to diesel propulsion. And in 1980, she was re powered with one EMD 12-645-E6 diesel engine. With a Falk Reverse reduction gear, at a ratio of 3.379:1. Turning one, 83.5(in) by 84(in), three bladed, fixed pitch, stainless steel propeller, in a Kort nozzle. She is single screw tug, rated at 1,450 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, Detroit Diesel 3-71 diesel generator sets.
(Isaac Pennock, Will Van Dorp)