Built in 1899, at Athens, New York as Arthur W. Palmer for the Palmer's dock, East River Terminal Railroad and, Brooklyn Eastern District Terminal of New York, New York.
In 1906, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the she initially retained her name.
In 1912, the Moran Towing Company renamed the tug as the Catherine Moran.
In 1920, she was sold. Where she was renamed as the Kathleen Roberts.
In 1926, the tug was sold. Where she was renamed as the Flannery Line.
In 1927, she was sold. Where she was renamed as the Capt. Mathiasen.
She is no longer listed in documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 475 horsepower.
(Philip M. Goldstien)