Built in 1837, as the Belle.
Originally constructed as a passenger vessel. She was was converted in mid career to a towing vessel by the Schuyler Towing Line of New York, New York.
In 1892, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she retained her name.
In 1893, she was acquired Cornell Steamboat Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1896, she was abandoned. The tug was a side, paddle-wheeled towboat, rated at 400 horsepower.
(Don Sutherland, William duBarry Thomas)