Built in 1919, by Leathem D. Smith Shipbuilding of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin as the Active for the United States Shipping Board.
On April 30th, 1925 the tug was acquired by the United States Navy. And, commissioned on May 20th, 1925. Where she was designated as the YT-113 (Diligent).
On July 13th, 1935 the tug was decommissioned. On December 23rd, 1935 she was struck from the Naval Register.
In 1935, the tug was acquired by the Meseck Towing and Transportation of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Catherine Meseck.
In 1954, Meseck Towing and Transportation was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1955, the tug was scrapped. She was a single screw tug, rated at 450 horsepower.