Built in 1939, by the Bethlehem Steel Company of Beaumont, Texas (hull #210) as the Sheila Moran for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1940, the tug was acquired by the United States Navy. Where she was designated as the YN-38 (Canasatego). Named for Canasatego, who was a leader of the Onondaga Indian nation. Who was a prominent diplomat and spokesman of the Iroquois Confederacy in the 1740's. He was involved in several controversial land sales to British American officials. The tug was allocated to the 10th Naval District.
In 1942, she was redesignated as the YNT-6 (Canasatego).
In 1945, the tug was redesignated as the YTM-732 (Canasatego).
On April 29th, 1947 the tug was placed out of service. And struck from the Naval Register. And, was transferred to the Maritime Commission for disposal.
In 1947, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as Shiela Moran.
In 1947, the Moran Towing Company renamed the tug as the Catherine Moran.
In 1960, she was acquired by the Hilo Transportation and Terminals Company of Hilo, Hawaii. Where the tug was renamed as the Hilo Packet.
In 1981, the Hilo Transportation and Terminals Company renamed the tug as the Hilo.
In 1989, the tug was sold. Where she was renamed as the Sonja V.
In 2002, she was acquired by Bay and Delta Maritime Incorporated of San Francisco, California. Where she was renamed as the Delta Carey.
In 2003, the tug acquired by Thomas Decker of Napa, California. The vessel was converted for recreational use. Where she was renamed as the Sherry D. She was a single screw tug, rated at 750 horsepower.