Built in 1919, by the Hiltebrant Dry Dock Company of Kingston, New York (hull #Harbor Tug No. 63) as the Harbor Tug No. 63 for the United States Navy.
The tug was launched, and commissioned as the USS Harbor Tug No. 63
On July 17th, 1920 the United States Navy redesignated the tug as the YT-63. The tug was later stuck from the Naval Register. Where she was redesignated as No. 63.
In 1922, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Claire A. Moran.
In 1949, she was scrapped. The tug was single screw, rated at 350 horsepower.