Built in 1919, by Wheeler Shipbuilding of Brooklyn, New York as the Harbor Tug No. 84 for the United States Navy.
The United States Navy later redesignated the tug as No. 84, upon her decommissioning.
In 1922, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Eugenia M. Moran.
In 1923, the Eugenia M. Moran was the first tug for the Moran Towing Company to be converted to diesel propulsion.
In 1929, she was acquired by the Peerless Cement Company of Detroit, Michigan. Where the tug was renamed as the William M. Hatch.
On October 3rd, 1935, she sank in a storm 12 miles off Pte Aux Pins on Lake Erie. She was a single screw tug, rated at 350 horsepower.