Built in 1920, by Leathem D. Smith Shipbuilding of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin (hull #2788) as the Burro.
The tug was later acquired by Edward E. Barrett of New York, New York. Where the was renamed as the George N. Barrett.
In 1949, she was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1954, the tug was dismantled. She was a single screw tug, rated at 450 horsepower.