Built in 1942, by the Equitable Equipment Company of Madisonville, Louisiana (hull #161) as the D.D. DeBardeleben for the DeBardeleben Marine Corporation of Wilmington, Delaware.
The tug was later acquired by the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where the tug was renamed as the Girard Point.
In 1958, the Curtis Bay Towing Company was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. However, the Curtis Bay Towing Company operated as an affiliate of the Moran Towing Company. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1962, she was acquired by the Cirillo Brothers Construction Company of Wilmington, Delaware. Where the tug retained her name.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 600 horsepower.