Built in 1975, by Halter Equitable Shipyards of New Orleans, Louisiana (hull #1659) as the Nica Theriot for Nolty J. Theriot Offshore Incorporated of Golden Meadow, Louisiana.
In 1983, the tug was acquired by the Marine Logistics Corporation of Wilmington, Delaware. Where she was renamed as the William W.
In 1988, she was acquired by the Exxon Shipping Company of Wilmington, Delaware. Where the tug was renamed as the Exxon California.
In 1993, the Exxon Shipping Company became SeaRiver Maritime Company of Houston, Texas. Where the tug was renamed as the S/R California.
In 2001, the tug was acquired by Dolphin Marine Company of Golden Meadow, Louisiana where she was renamed as the Dumar V.
In 2002, the Dolphin Marine Company became the Dolphin Marine International Company of Golden Meadow, Louisianan. Where the tug was renamed as the Dolphin V.
In 2010, the Dolphin Marine International Company was acquired by Harvey Gulf International Marine of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2010, she was acquired by the Crosby Marine Transportation Company of Golden Meadow, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Crosby Leader.
Powered by two, twenty cylinder, 20-645-E5, turbo keel and grid cooling, diesel engines. With Lufkin RS 422 reduction gears, at a ratio of 6:1. Turning two, 144(in) by 144(in), fixed pitch, cast steel propellers mounted in kort nozzles. For a rated 7,200 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, 99kW LIMA generator sets. Driven by two, GM 8V-71 diesel engines. She is also outfitted with a third, 50kW axillary generator. The tug's capacities are 220,000 gallons of fuel oil, 3,000 gallons of lube oil, and 8,000 gallons of potable water.
The tug's towing gear consists of an Intercon DD-250 towing winch. Outfitted with 5,000(ft) of 2.5(in) towing wire, two Nordic hydraulic towing pins, and a 15 ton deck crane.
(Kyle Stubbs, Auke Visser)