Built in 1908, by A.C. Brown and Sons of Tottenville, New York as the the Pawnee for the W.M. S. Beard Company of New York, New York.
In 1912, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Helen B. Moran.
In 1926, she was acquired by the Tice Towing Line of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the McGuirl Brothers.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 500 horsepower.