Built in 1943, by George Lawley and Sons Neponset, Massachusetts (hull #1297) as the DPC-9 for the United States Defense Plant Corporation.
In 1946, the tug was acquired by the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where she was renamed as the J.H. Deinlein.
In 1958, the company became an affiliate of the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1964, she was acquired by an individual named Raymond Kie. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1973, the tug was wrecked off of Monhegan, Maine. She was a single screw tug, rated at 700 horsepower.