Built in 1940, by Pusey and Jones Incorporated of Wilmington, Delaware (hull #1078) as the J.P. Pullman for the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland.
In 1958, the company became an affiliate of the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1971, she was acquired by the St. Phillip Coastal Towing Company of Tampa, Florida. Where she was renamed as the Euwin St. Philip.
The company would later be owned by George Steinbrenner. Who also owned the New York Yankees. Under that ownership, the company became the Bay Transportation Company of Tampa, Florida. Where the tug was renamed as the Mobile Persistence.
In 1998, the Bay Transportation Company was acquired by Hvide Marine Incorporated of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Where the tug retained her name
In 2000, Hvide Marine Incorporated was acquired by Seabulk Towing Services Incorporated of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2000, the tug went out of documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 600 horsepower.