Home Search Links About Us Updates Login

Built in 1899, at Athens, New York as the John Nichols for the John E. Moore Company of New York, New York.

In 1928, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her

In 1941, she was acquired by an individual named E.E. Cummings. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1942, the tug was abandoned. She was a single screw tug, rated at 450 horsepower.

  • Vessel Name: JOHN NICHOLS
  • USCG Doc. No.: 0773730
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Year Built: 1899
  • Length: 84.8
  • Hull Depth: 9.8
  • Hull Breadth: 22.7
  • Gross Tonnage: 119
  • Net Tonnage: 81
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    John Nichols
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    John E. Moore Co., Moran Towing Co., E.E. Cummings