Built in 1900, by the Neafie and Levy Ship and Engine Building Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as the M. Moran for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1911, the tug was acquired by the United States Army Corps. of Engineers. Where she was renamed as the Tickfaw.
The tug was later sold, where she retained her name. Then as the Diane D., then as the St. James, and then as the Plaquemine.
Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,000 horsepower.