Built in 1913, by John H. Dialogue and Sons of Camden, New Jersey (hull #461) as the North American for the Texas Steamship Company of Galveston, Texas.
The tug was later acquired by the Picton Towing Company. Where she was renamed as the M.W. Storms.
In 1963, she was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name
In 1977, the tug was scrapped. She was single screw, rated at 900 horsepower.