Built in 1943, by Pendleton Shipyard of New Orleans, Louisiana (hull #103) as the Sombrero Key for the United States Navy.
She was a A V4-M-A1 class tug. A 186(ft) oceangoing tug, of which forty-nine were built for the United States Navy. By various shipyards throughout the United States for wartime service.
In 1943, the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York was contracted to man and operate the tug for the United States Navy.
In 1946, she was returned to the United States Navy.
In 1965, the tug was acquired by the Argentine Government. Where she was renamed as the Thompson. However, she was later scrapped. She was single screw tug, rated at 2,250 horsepower.