Home Search Links About Us Updates Login

Built in 1920, by the Chance Marine Construction Company of Easton, Maryland as the Racehorse for the United States Shipping Board.

The tug was later acquired by the Amboy Towboat Company of Perth Amboy, New Jersey. Where she was renamed as the St. Charles.

In 1956, she was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1959, the tug was dismantled. She was single screw, rated at 450 horsepower.

  • Vessel Name: ST. CHARLES
  • USCG Doc. No.: 0220673
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Registry
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Ship Builder: Chance Marine Construction Co
  • Year Built: 1920
  • Length: 94.5
  • Hull Depth: 12.0
  • Hull Breadth: 24.8
  • Gross Tonnage: 164
  • Net Tonnage: 101
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Racehorse, St. Charles
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    United States Shipping Board, Amboy Towboats Co., Moran Towing Co.