Built in 1945 by Marietta Manufacturing of Point Pleasant, West Virginia as the LT-821 (hull #537) for the United States Army.
In 1947, she was acquired by the Arundel Corporation of Baltimore, Maryland. Where she was renamed as the Brooklyn.
In 1965, the tug was acquired by the DeFelice Marine Towing Company of Lake Charles, Louisiana. Where she retained her name.
In 1966, she was acquired by Reuben C. Pace of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where the tug was renamed as the Lee Reuben.
In 1970, the tug was acquired by the Escanaba Towing Company of Escanaba, Michigan. Where she retained her name.
In 1973, she was acquired by Hannah Marine Incorporated of Lemont, Iliinois. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1975, Hannah Marine Incorporated renamed the tug as the Mary E Hannah.
In 2009, she was acquired by the King Company of Holland, Michigan. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2010, the tug went on long term charter to the Calumet River Fleeting Company of Chicago, Illinois. Where she retained her name. And, was fitted with an upper wheelhouse. The tug primarily moves the A-410, a tank barge owned by Andrie Incorporated of Muskegon, Michigan. Along with ice breaking duties as needed.
Powered by two, EMD 16-567C diesel engines. She is a twin screw tug, rated at 3,200 horsepower.
(Captain Eric Takakjian, Kyle Stubbs, Isaac Pennock)