Built in 1942 by the Equitable Equipment Company of Madisonville, Louisiana as the Lt. Col. John H. Adams (hull #134) for the United States Army.
In 1949, she was transferred to the United States Army Corps of Engineers to operate in the Duluth District, where the tug was renamed as Marquette.
In 1983, the tug was acquired by the Great Lakes Naval and Maritime Museum of Chicago, Illinois, where she retained her name.
In 1996, she was acquired by Robbie Shipping of Key West, Florida, where the tug was renamed as the Mona Larue.
In March, 2006, the tug's documentation expired. Her current and/or final disposition is unknown.