Built in 1912, by John H. Dialogue and Sons of Camden, New Jersey (hull #452) as the M. Moran for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1916, the tug was requisitioned by the British Admiralty. Where she was designated as the Foremost (HS-42).
In 1936, she was returned to the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the M. Moran. In 1941, the Moran Towing Company converted the tug from steam propulsion to diesel propulsion.
In 1953, the tug was sold. Where she was renamed as the Kay-R.
In 1978, she was acquired by the Bisso Towboat Company Incorporated of Luling, Louisiana. Where the tug was renamed as the Triumph.
However, the tug later sank. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a singe screw tug rated at 750 horsepower.