Built in 1950, by Jakobson Shipyard Incorporated of Oyster Bay, New York (hull #328) as the Hazleton for the Lehigh Valley Railroad Company of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
In 1963, she was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Marie Moran.
In 1984, the tug was acquired by the R.J. Casho Marine Towing Company of Wilmington, Delaware. Where she was renamed as the Marie Casho.
In 1986, she was acquired by Captain Arthur Fournier of the Penobscot Bay Towing Company of Belfast, Maine. Where the tug was renamed as the Captain Bill.
In 2004, the tug was reefed off of Bayhead, New Jersey as part of an artificial reef program. Where the tug was renamed as the Veronica M. Named for the wife of a longtime local diver and underwater photographer Herb Segars.
Powered by a single, Cleveland 16-278A diesel engine. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,600 horsepower.
(Paul Strubeck, Captain Brian Fournier)