Built in 1941, by the Bethlehem Steel Company of Beaumont, Texas (hull #246) as the Sheila Moran for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
The tug was later leased, as the Capt. Harold.
In 1978, the tug was retuned to the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed the Sheila Moran.
In 1978, she was acquired by the Ocean Transport Corporation of Vero Beach, Florida. Where the tug was renamed as the Mohawk Chief.
In 2001, the tug went out of documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug rated at 750 horsepower.