Home Search Links About Us Updates Login
Photo by: Puget Sound Maritime Historical Society

Built in 1890, by the Hall Brothers Company of Port Blakely, Washington as the Wanderer for the Port Blakely Mill Company of Port Blakely, Washington.

In 1891, the Port Blakely Mill Company entered a partnership to provide tugboat service in the Puget Sound region. And provided the tug as a part of creating the Puget Sound Tugboat Company of Port Townsend, Washington. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1918, the tug was acquired by the Merrill and Ring Lumber Company of Pysht, Washington. Where she retained her name.

In 1936, she was acquired by the Foss Launch and Tug Company of Tacoma, Washington. Where the tug retained her name.

In February of 1947, the tug ran aground near Double Bluff on Whidbey Island in Washington state. Where she was stripped, and scuttled near the mouth of the Nisqually River to form a breakwater.
(Kyle Stubbs)

  • Vessel Name: WANDERER
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Ship Builder: HALL BROS
  • Year Built: 1890
  • Length: 128.2
  • Hailing Port: SEATTLE, WA.
  • Hull Depth: 11.4
  • Hull Breadth: 23.8
  • Gross Tonnage: 212
  • Net Tonnage: 125
  • Previous Vessel Names:
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Port Blakely Mill Co., Puget Sound Tugboat Co., Merrill and Ring Lumber Co., Foss Tug and Launch Co.