Built in 1943, as the LCM-1061, an LCM-6 landing craft for the United States Navy.
In 1962, she was acquired by Crowley Marine Services Incorporated of San Francisco, California. Where she was renamed as the 1061. And, converted for use as a line handling tug.
She is no linger listed in documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was powered by two, GM8V71 diesel engines.