Built in 1912, by Staten Island Shipbuilding of Staten Island, New York (hull #563) as the Perth Amboy for the Lehigh Valley Railroad Company of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
In 1936, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Nancy Moran.
In 1941, she was acquired by the United States Maritime Commission. Where she retained her name.
In 1946, the tug sank after a collision with a tanker in the English Channel. She was a single screw tug, rated at 375 horsepower.