Built in 1981, by Mid Coast Marine Incorporated of Coos Bay, Oregon (hull #9908) as the Teekalet II for the Pope and Talbot Towing Company of Portland, Oregon.
In 1997, the tug was acquired by the Western Towboat Company of Seattle, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Flyer.
Powered by a single, Cummins 1150 diesel engine. With a Twin Disc reduction gear, at a ratio of 4.5:1. Turning a single, 48(in) by 48(in), stainless steel propeller, mounted in a steerable kort nozzle. For a rated 400 horsepower.
The tug's electrical service is provided by an 8kW Northern Lights generator. The tug's capacities are 1,500 gallons of fuel, and 15 gallons of lube oil.
Her towing equipment consists of a Nmid Coast Marine towing winch. Outfitted with 800(ft) of 7/8(in) towing wire.
(Captain Ric Shrewsbury, Captain Russell Shrewsbury)