Built in 1943 by Nichols Boat Works of Hood River, Oregon as the Eph Winans for the Western Transportation Company of Portland, Oregon.
Later renamed as the Ruth.
The tug was eventually acquired by the Arrow Tug and Barge Company of Astoria, Oregon. Where she was renamed as the Arrow No. 1.
In 1962, Arrow Tug and Barge was acquired by the Knappton Towboat Company of Astoria, Oregon. Where the tug retained her name.
She is no longer in documentation. Her current and/or final fate is unknown.