Built in 1924 by Frank L Lowe of Marshfield, Oregon as the Koos No. 2 for the Knutson Towboat Company of Coos Bay, Oregon.
In 1987 the tug was retired and donated to the City of Coos Bay, where it was restored and placed on display along the downtown waterfront.
The tug was repowered twice. At retirement, she was powered by a single, twelve cylinder Cummins diesel, turning a single, fixed pitch propeller. She was a single screw tug, with a rated 500 horsepower.