Built in 1944, by Port Houston Iron Works of Houston, Texas (hull #63) as the ST-729 for the United States Army.
In 1946, the tug was transferred to the United States Army Corps of Engineers. Where she was renamed as the Reed.
In 1962, she was acquired by the Bisso Towboat Company of Luling, Louisiana. Where the tug was renamed as the Billy B.
The Bisso Towboat Company later renamed the tug as the Elizabeth S.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,800 horsepower.