Built in 1914 by the Seattle Construction and Dry Dock Company at Seattle, Washington as the Fleet Tug No. 16 "Tillamook" for the United States Navy.
On 17 July, 1920, she was redesignated as the AT-16.
In 1936, the tug was redesignated as YT-122, and again in 1944 as YTM-122.
She was decommissioned on 29 April, 1947 and sold to the Oakland Manufacturing Company of Oakland, California.
In 1954, the tug was acquired by Tidewater-Shaver Barge Lines of Portland, Oregon. Where she was renamed as the Tillamook.
She was later acquired by the Sause Brothers Ocean Towing Company of Coos Bay, Oregon. Where the tug retained her name.
The tug is no longer documented. Her current and/or final fate is unknown.
She was a single screw tug with 1,600 horsepower.