Hull built in 1945 by the Gunderson Brothers Engineering Corporation at Portland, Oregon as a YTL-type hull for the United States Navy.
At the conclusion of World War II, the contract for the vessel was cancelled, and the hull was left incomplete in the Gunderson Brothers yard.
In 1949, construction was completed for the Willamette Tug and Barge Company of Portland, Oregon. Where the tug was named as the Frank M. Warren.
In 1964, the company was renamed as the Willamette-Western Corporation, with Willamette Tug and Barge retained as a the maritime operations division.
In 1988, Willamette Tug and Barge was acquired by the Brix Maritime Company of Seattle, Washington. Where the tug was renamed as the Tom White.
The tug was later acquired by the Jay Towing Company Incorporated of Tacoma, Washington. Where she retained her name.
Her powerplant consists of a single CAT 397 diesel with 4:1 CAT reduction gear turning a 58" x 40" propellor. For a rated 500 horsepower.