Built in 1945, by the Wheeler Shipbuilding Company at Whitestone, New York (hulll #108) as the ST-860 for the United States Army.
In 1960, the tug was acquired by the American Tugboat Company of Everett, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Judy S.
She was later acquired by the Campbell Towing Company Incorporated of Wrangell, Alaska. Where the tug was renamed as the May.
On November 21st, 1992, while towing a log raft. The tug capsized and sank in Farragut Bay, Alaska. Originally powered by a single, 700 horsepower diesel engine. The tug was later repowered with a single Caterpillar 91B831 diesel engine. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,100 horsepower.