Built in 1944 by Everett-Pacific Shipbuilding at Everett, Washington as the YTL-422 (hull #26) for the United States Navy.
In 1986, the tug was acquired by Global Diving and Salvage Incorporated of Seattle, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Spike.
In 1998, she was acquired by R K Construction Incorporated of Ketchikan, Alaska. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2002, the tug was acquired by an individual named Thomas H Williamson. Where she retained her name.
She is no longer documented. Her current and/or final fate in unknown.