Built in 1939 at Bay City, Oregon as the Irene for the Sause Brothers Ocean Towing Company of Coos Bay, Oregon.
In the 1960's, the tug was donated to the Port of Bay City, Oregon. Where she retained her name.
She was then sold to a private owner, and several years later acquired by Curtis Sause, owner of the the Sause Brothers Ocean Towing Company, and used as a private yacht and fishing vessel at Coos Bay, Oregon.
In 2002, the tug was donated to the City of Coos Bay, and placed on display alongside Highway 101 within the city.