Built in 1944, by Todd Shipyards Incorporated of Galveston, Texas (hull #110) as the Royston a T-1-M-A2 Tanker for the United States Maritime Commission.
T-1 tankers were small product carriers, designed to carry gasoline. Almost all of them went to either the United States Navy, as AOGs, or to Britain, for service in a similar role. Many of those under construction at the end of the war were sold immediately.
The vessel was launched on December 21st 1943. And, delivered to the United States Maritime Commission on August 5th, 1944.
In 1944, she was transferred to the United States Navy. Where the vessel was designated as the AOG-21 (Sequatchie). And was allocated to the Asiatic-Pacific Theater.
In 1946, the vessel was transferred to the National Defense Reserve Fleet at Mobile, Alabama. Where the she was renamed as the Royston.
In 1946, she was decommissioned at New Orleans, Louisiana. And, on August 15th 1946 the vessel was struck from the Naval Register.
In 1948, the vessel was acquired by the Oil Transfer Company of New York, New York. Where she was lengthened, and renamed as the Otco Bayway.
In 1966, she was acquired by Boston Fuel Transportation of East Boston, Massachusetts. Where she was renamed as the Ethel Tibbets.
In 1975, the vessel was Metro Marine and Terminals Limited, where she was reflagged Canadian. And, was renamed as the Metro Landry No. 1.
In 1979, the vessel was scuttled. She was powered by a single, National Supply Corporation diesel engine. Turning a single, fixed pitch propeller. She was a single screw tanker, rated at 800 horsepower.