Founded in 1910, the Knappton Towboat Company began with the acquisition a series of steamers purchased for log towing by the Brix family of Knappton, Washington.
In 1920, the company's operations were incorporated as the Knappton Towboat Company of Astoria, Oregon.
In the following decades, the Knappton Towboat would acquire the majority of competitors in the log transportation industry in the area. And, the company became the primary towing vessel operator on the lower Columbia River.
In 1988, the Knappton Towboat Company was rebranded. And, became the Brix Maritime Company of Seattle, Washington.
(Captain Ric Shrewsbury, Kyle Stubbs)