(Halvorsen Towing Company Incorporated)
In the 1920's, Boyer Halvorsen began towing logs and hauling freight on Puget Sound, eventually growing a fleet of small tugboats and expanding operations into Southeast Alaska. In 1959, Puget Sound operations were incorporated as the Halvorsen Towing Company, while Alaska operations became the Boyer Towing Company.
In 1965, Boyer Towing acqured all outstanding shares of the Olson Tug Boat Company of Tacoma, Washington, and merged its operations into Halvorsen Towing in 1976. In 1975, Boyer Towing also launched Boyer Alaska Barge Line, a subsidiary which would later go on to become a significant component of the modern day Alaska Marine Line. Eventually, Halvorsen Towing operations were merged with those of Boyer Towing, and today the entirety of the company operates under the Boyer name.